Sunday, October 4, 2015

Episode 10: Painting Mud

It's been two weeks since the last podcast, and almost a month since the last blog post, but I'm not dead! I've just been super busy with my new job, which I love, it just takes a lot of time, and I'm not fully adjusted to a working woman's schedule yet. I hope you enjoy the podcast, it's a little shorter than usual, but still jam-packed with goofiness and awesome fun!


There were about five WIPs this week, and no FOs, because I didn't get anything done with my new work schedule. I think that I will eventually be able to craft more as well as work, but I'm just not organized enough to do that just yet. My first WIP is the bright orange Tunisian crochet blanket that I'm making for Project Linus, in two weeks it's almost doubled in size! It's still not very big though, so that may or may not be very impressive.



I also worked quite a bit on my "Hippy Hippy Shawl", but I don't even think that it can be called that pattern anymore, since I've modified it so much. The Hippy Hippy Shawl was basically my starting off point, and I've done it in a different weight yarn, and added a different lace border, so there's really no resemblance to the original pattern anymore. This tends to happen a lot when I try to follow patterns, it's just that, I try, but it usually doesn't end up looking anything like the hypothetical goal.


I also worked on my Chevron Cowl, which is just a tube of chevron that I made up the pattern to, and I'm going to kitchener stitch the ends together and make a cowl that will go well with different shirts that I wear to work on a regular basis.


Then, I got sad because I didn't have a pair of socks on the needles, so I cast on a pair of socks with yarn that I found while I was cleaning out my stash. I have no idea what yarn it is, or where I got it. It's pretty cool looking, and I like how it is knitting up, I just have no clue what yarn it is. I'm working two at a time, toe up on magic loop, US size 1 needles.


Then since I took the fun fur blanket off the needles, because I was worried that Project Linus wouldn't accept it, because it's kind of a nasty thing. I cast on a Corner-to-Corner throw, that's crocheted, and this will be my third blanket of this type that I've made. It goes really fast and is really addicting and fun. 



Finally, I got some spinning done with Malabrigo Nube in the Solis colorway. It's nice and soft and I think it is spinning up very nicely. My LYS just started carrying roving, and I am definitely going to support them!


So that was all my crafting for the past two weeks, and it has been jam packed full of adventure and intrigue. I'll be doing my podcast every two weeks for the foreseeable future, just until I get settled into my new schedule. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment