Monday, August 10, 2015

Episode 4- Bring on the Broccoli!

The newest episode of my podcast is up! I'm sorry that the lighting is so bad, I had to film in a different location, and thought that it looked fine on my screen when I first set up, it wasn't until I was editing that I realized that I look like Casper the ghost for most of it! I am very pale in general, so just having direct sunlight on me like that really washed me out. This is a good lesson to keep in mind for the future, just in case I am tempted to do something crazy, like record outside or something (yeah, right).


In this episode I go on and on about my failed vegetable garden that I planted this spring, as well as my personal struggle with social anxiety, which is just one facet of Generalized Anxiety Disorder that I am diagnosed with. I have been getting up early this week to try and adjust my sleeping schedule to better work with getting up early to go to school, which starts next week. This has given me even more time for crafting, so I finished two crocheted blankets for Project Linus this month. Project Linus is a charity that accepts handmade blankets, whether they be crocheted, knitted, or quilted, and then distributes them to children that are either sick or have been through trauma. I have been making blankets for Project Linus since the 7th grade, about 13 years ago.



The pattern for these two blankets came from the 100 Colorful Ripples to Crochet by Leonie Morgan. They are made from different acrylics that have been donated to me by people for Project Linus.

This week I also finished half of a pair of socks. I just couldn't resist casting them on, even though I already had two pairs on the needles. I striped two different colorways of Berroco Sox. One was a green colorway and the other was a red, pink, puce, blue, and green colorway. They go together surprisingly well, and I really like the result. I cast off just before recording, so I will definitely work on a matching sock this upcoming week.


Along the lines of half finished socks I finished the cuff and the heel on the speckle dyed socks that I am making from Plymouth Happy Feet 100 Splash. They are going well, but I'm kinda falling out of love with the speckles. I am planning to use the left overs to make striping socks like I am doing with the Berroco Sox with some other stash yarn that I have.


And for the last of the socks, I have the pair of socks for G that I finished both the heels on and am now working on the cuff. I should have them done before I go and see him this Saturday, because I think that that would be a nice present, since I don't get to see him very often. They are made out of JaWoll Lang Color and Cascade Sock. I am working them toe up two at a time.


I added about another repeat of the stitch pattern to my brother's sweater sleeve. Without time that was really quiet and focused it's hard to make myself concentrate enough to knit on the sweater. I am nearing the end of the increases though, and then it will just be the top shaping, since the sweater has set-in sleeves. Then I will work the other sleeve and then the body. I hope to have the sweater done sometime this winter. It is the Hedge Fence Pullover by Elinor Burn, it's a paid for pattern available on Ravelry. It is being worked in Plymouth Encore Worsted Tweed.


I also added a few rows to the Hippy Hippy shawl by Gabrielle Vezina, a free Ravelry download. I am making it out of a mystery acrylic yarn and Knitpicks Chroma. It's a crescent shape shawl and is worked with pinstripes in stockinette.


I added quite a bit to the baby blanket for Baby B. My cousin that is now a few months old. It is Tunisian crochet, worked in the honeycomb stitch, and I change color every row, which gives it a hound's tooth appearance. It is worked in Plymouth Encore Worsted in lime green and navy.


Finally, last but not least, I worked on the knitted ball-band dishcloth blanket that I am also knitting for Project Linus. I am making it out of Red Heart Super Saver in the primary colorway and Red Heart with Love in the Lettuce colorway. It is coming along nicely, and I am almost done with the first two skeins.


My thought of the week this was about how I am going to try to start knitting sweaters for the charity Knit for Kids that is put through World Vision. They look really great and I think it will help me develop as a knitter as well. I also talked about my knitted goodies basket that I put out every Christmas to make the holidays easier on me as a crafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment