Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Episode 5- Wonky Blanket

This week the podcast got put up a little late. I had an issue with the editing and the first version was not of the quality that I wanted to publish, so I held off until I had enough time to go back and re-edit everything and make it look nice. I hope you enjoy!


First off I talked about my wandering educational career and how I ended up where I am now, and my experience thus far returning to the brick and mortar school. I talked about some other random adventures this week as well.

Then I talked about my Finished Objects. I had two this week! My vanilla socks out of Plymouth Happy Feet 100 Splash. I also finished Baby B's Blanket out of Plymouth Encore Worsted in lime and navy.


I have two other pairs of socks on the needles. Both are vanilla sock patterns. The green pair are for G, and are getting very close to being done. The striped socks are made even stripey-er by having two self striping yarns stripe every two rows. I really like it, and have one sock completely done and the other one's toe done. The self striping yarn were both Berroco Sox. I'm working both on US Size 1 needles. I'm also working both using the Magic Loop method, which is my favorite method for knitting socks.


I am also working on the Hippy Hippy Shawl by Gabrielle Vezina, a free Ravelry download. I'm working it with a mystery chocolate colored acrylic fingering weight yarn and Knitpicks Chroma fingering weight. I'm working it on US Size 2 needles. I'm going to keep going until I run out of KnitPicks Chroma and then I'm going to switch to the Old Shale (formerly, mistakenly, known as Feather and Fan) stitch pattern with Boboli Lace yarn.


I am also working on my Project Linus blanket that I am knitting using the ballband dishcloth stitch pattern that I just added extra stitch repeats to make it wide enough. I am using Red Heart Super Saver in the Primary colorway as the variegated yarn in the background, and then I'm using Red Heart with Love in the Lettuce colorway for the overlaying rows.


I also started a sweater for Knit for Kids charity, which sends sweaters, hats, and baby blankets to children all throughout the world. I am working a size 4 sweater, but I think my gauge is off because when I measured it had the bust size of a size 6. To fix this I am going to work the length of a size 6 and not worry about the stitch difference, but just keep it in mind for future projects. It is a free pattern from the Knit for Kids website, just a top down raglan pattern, and I have already split for the sleeves. It's coming along pretty fast, and I'm enjoying the process.


I also had some stash enhancement this week. First, from Fabric Recycles, a local craft consignment shop for craft supplies I got some discontinued acrylic in Light Moss for another Knit for Kids sweater, and I also got some Baby Bee in Bare Blue for a striping color in that sweater. I also found a roll of fabric that was printed to look like the knit stitch that I'm going to use to make project bags, one for me and then one or two to put up in the Etsy shop. I also went to Hobby Lobby and got I Love This Yarn in the Peacock and Royal colorways and then I Love This Yarn Overdyed in the Jamie and Caitlyn. I also got a skein of Yarn Bee Lace in the Sun Valley colorway. I plan to use the I Love This Yarn to make more sweaters for Knit for Kids and I'm going to hold the Yarn Bee Lace either double or with a cream to make a cowl and submit it to the Knitworthy Comfort and Joy KAL which is asking everyone to knit something for the Christmas giving season.


My thought of the week was about being grateful and how it's important to take a moment and think about the good things in life, because no matter how hard things get there are still little moments of something to be grateful for everyday. Thanks for joining me and I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment