Sunday, December 20, 2015

Episode 19 - Merry Christmas!!

This is my Christmas special, only there is not really anything special about it. It is just me sitting and talking as usual, with a little thought of the week that is about Christmas. Otherwise, it's business as usual.


This week is just a quick hello, since today we are having our family Christmas open house. So, I didn't really have time for pictures, sorry. I did take one picture though, and that was of my five pairs of finished slipper socks that are going to my cousins this year for Christmas. I did them all in the same yarn, just different colorways, and I really like how they turned out. I am thinking of writing up this pattern, and publishing it the same time that I publish my Not Quite Vanilla Socks pattern, but we'll see how well that all turns out. I have the draft of the pattern worked up, there was just something weird going on with some of my numbers, so I am test knitting it myself to make sure that it all works up before I publish it, that is unless some of you out there would like to test knit it, I would be more than happy to send along a copy your way!



This week I ended up coloring a lot to help me deal with the blues. It worked. I even ended up coloring when I went to church on Wednesday morning with my grandma, the leader handed out coloring sheets for everyone to work on while she did her lesson. I found that coloring helped me destress and focus. My grandmother was saying that she has seen on TV that it is as good as meditating for your brain and emotions. This article from the Huffington Post backs up what she was saying. This is the coloring sheet that I worked on. It's from the post card coloring book Secret Garden Postcards by Johanna Basford. I really like her work and think that it is a very relaxing activity. 


I hope that you all have a Merry Christmas and that you can find joy and happiness in the holiday season, no matter what holidays that you are celebrating. Thank you for watching, and reading and I will see you next week where I will lay out my plans for the New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment