Tuesday, February 24, 2015

General Update

So today is a day of catching up, because I have been working on things, but I am just about halfway done or further on several projects, so I will be posting those. Today is also a day of blurry pictures, why? you ask. Well, because apparently I am incapable of operating a camera and I didn't realize it until the pictures were all loaded. Also, everything that I'm posting today is for me, not for my etsy shop, and in case you were wondering I'm waiting until I can get professional photos to post my knitting items up onto etsy. So they will be up shortly, just not today, or tomorrow. So first off, I finished a bag that had been sitting on my UFO (unfinished objects) pile for ages, like seriously, at least two years. And all that it needed was a lining! All the knitting was done, so I sewed up a lining for it, and am now using it as my project bag when I go up to my LYS (local yarn store) to craft with the ladies on Saturdays.


In addition to crafting with the fun ladies at Yarn Mercantile, I have been spinning quite a bit. I finished a singles skein from a center pull batt from a swap that I did in November that was video game themed. I got 282 yds, which is a fair amount for me, I have the problem of spinning almost all of my singles as worsted weight, which means if I want to ply them at all I get a bulky, so I have been trying to practice spinning thinner, but I'm not really sure how well it is working. But these are totally my colors! I am thinking that it is about the weight of Cascade 220, and I am going to go to the yarn shop and find a nice charcoal grey that I can do a stripe with it, and do a nice striping cowl type things, is my plan.


Then I wanted to do a traditional three ply again, because the fiber had such dark colors with bright pops of orange that I thought it would spin better and have a more blended appearance, I'm not sure if I was right or not. I also misread the band on the fiber, and thought I had 8oz, only to discover after I had spun and plied it all that I only ended up with 82 yards, so I clearly only had 4oz, which is disappointing, and I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with this, other than go and get a chocolate brown bulky to stripe it with and make someone a scarf or something, they aren't really my colors, and I don't think I would be happy wearing them.


Then there is the one big project that I have been slogging away at, even though I really love the end product, I just don't think I am a sweater making type of person. It's just not that fun to me, and I would rather make almost anything. I even really enjoy making blankets, just not sweaters, I'm not really sure why. So this one is stuck at a stage in it's life where the body is done and it has one sleeve, and I just need to knit up the other sleeve. I've taken good notes, and I have all the yarn, it's just a matter of sitting down and doing it, and I think in order to procrastinate on this project I have started so many others. So that's my explanation of why I have been having cast-on-itis as of late. So here is my 3 in 1 sweater that I am knitting in Cascade 220 superwash.


So two weeks ago I went to the LYS, and wanted to make a evening hat, something fancier for myself, since I wear hats all the time, but didn't have anything even slightly dressy to wear, and then I wanted to make a evening bag, since I went to the thrift store and found the handles that one sews onto craft bags for $2 a pair, and I got three. So, I went and found a yarn that is DK called twinkle, and a sequin yarn that I held together to create the hat, and I really got a bad picture of it. I am improving the design as I work and am really liking the results so far. It has a slight purl texture, but you really can't see in the picture.


And then for the purse I found some silk yarn so it will have a nice drape, and then I will line it and sew on the handles when I am done. The yarn is a sock weight, and I am working on it with an E hook. This picture looks gray but it real life the color has more purple in it.


And that is what I am working on, I just didn't want to wait until I finished everything to post a new blog entry, since it felt like it had been a while since I posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment