Sunday, August 7, 2016

Vegan Cleanse: Day Six, Day of Fail

Today started out really well, I had a bowl of gluten free cereal, with coconut milk for breakfast. Then I watched church this morning, except for the internet was a little glitchy. I watch Church of the Resurrection United Methodist every Sunday morning. Then, while the internet was spazzing out I made vegan banana pancakes. I made them really thick.

In a blender I put about a cup of coconut milk, a banana and a cup of gluten free oats, and I blended it. Then once it was blended I cooked the pancakes, about two spoonfuls per each pancake in a skillet on medium high heat. I saved the pancakes in the fridge, and I'm going to eat them for breakfast this week. This will help me in the morning, making it easier to get out the door in time.

I also made Jasmine rice in the rice maker, just so I would have more of it pre-made to put in dishes this week.

For lunch I put about a cup of rice on a plate, and then put about half a cup of green chile refried beans on top. The I microwaved it for a minute, and put black bean salsa on top of it. It was good and filling.

I watched some Olympic Judo, and then decided to work out myself. I planned to run on the elliptical for 10 minutes, and then be on the bike for 35 minutes. I did not succeed in this goal. I did run on the elliptical for 10 minutes. It was rough, and I was sweating profusely, but no pain no gain, right? While I was on the elliptical I watched the dramatic last few minutes of the Women's Cycling event. Anyways, I got on the bike, and was pedaling as best I could, but at 20 minutes I just hit a wall, and couldn't push through. So, I only exercised 30 minutes total today, but it was pretty rough on me, so I think it was a good hard workout.

After exercising I watched some more Olympics. And then I went to the all church picnic with my mom, and that's where I fell down.

I tried to eat as clean as I could, and I didn't eat any meat, but I did eat cheese and pasta. If I'm completely honest I could've just skipped the pasta salad, or not eaten the pasta part. And I really didn't need to eat the macaroni and cheese, but sometimes things are really tempting, and I only have so much willpower. Then I started having anxiety, and I came home without hearing any music or playing any games. I knit just a little, but overall, didn't accomplish a lot.

Then I came home, and coffee was calling my name, it had been five days since I had had any coffee, and I couldn't finish the drink that I made myself. I put it in the fridge for tomorrow morning, so I can have coffee at the all-district training session. I think I will pack my lunch tomorrow and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment