Friday, August 5, 2016

Vegan Cleanse: Day Three and Four

So yesterday was another lazy day, and I ate my vegan diet with no interruptions, or exceptions. I did go to UMKC with my mom to get my classes set up, and I'm now enrolled and have my books and am ready to start getting along with being a student there again. I then went to Costco, and the temptations were everywhere! Costco gives out samples, and not much was both vegan and gluten free, although I did find a few things, and things were a lot better than they've been in the past. There was a lot of gluten free products that they were marketing, so that was kind of fun to see. I don't think veganism will catch on to be as much of a craze as gluten free has though, but maybe that's just me.

I came home and made a smoothie, and saved half of it for this morning, which was a good thing, because this morning was a bit of a doozy!

I then went to shallow water aerobics, and got wore out by the class, that hasn't happened to me in a while, and it was a really strange feeling to be just beaten by a series of exercises. I was really trying to keep up too. It made me think either this diet isn't that great for being active, or I'm not in as good of shape as I delude myself to be, maybe a combination of both. At any rate I came home and went to bed, exhausted, and then...

I woke up when I had planned to wake up, ate a bowl full of gluten free granola with coconut milk, and drank the rest of my smoothie. Then I went to the site that I thought I would be training at this morning, only to find that it was the wrong site, so I got to my designated site, I thought 10 minutes late, but it turned out that they had started at 8:00 and not 8:30, so I was 40 minutes late. Oh, and it was raining when I came in, so I was soaked when I made my late appearance, and had to sit there in damp clothes for the training. And I felt so awkward already that I didn't even get out my knitting, although I will give them that it was pretty interactive and engaging, so I didn't really feel bored either.

On my way home I was having some serious cravings, most seriously for Taco Bell, and then for Chinese food. But I did not give in to either, and came home and ate rice with mushrooms, peppers, onions, and black bean salsa for lunch. It was pretty tasty, but it's hard to say no to oozy gooey cheesy Taco Bell, or maybe that's just my weak point.

Then I came home and slept because I was still worn out from water aerobics, and now I'm up and about making brown rice pasta, having eaten sweet peas with hummus and apples with peanut butter. And I'm baking a chocolate cake from a gluten free package, and I just didn't put eggs in it, and put extra vegetable oil in it instead.

I'm getting ready to hunker down and watch the Olympics opening ceremony with my boyfriend, so that should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment