Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Vegan Cleanse: Day Two!!

So far in my little experiment everything has been going well. I got three pimples last night, and had a "moving" experience, but other than that everything has been just honky-dory. Last night I also went to shallow water aerobics for the first time! I had been to deep water, but shallow water was different in it's own way.

Today I ate a green smoothie and an apple with peanut butter for breakfast.
For lunch I ate brown rice and quinoa with black beans and peas. I seasoned my black beans with Chinese ginger, and garlic salt and onion flakes. I put garlic salt, and pepper on my peas. I had a lot left over so I just stuck it in the fridge.

Then I rode the bike for 50 minutes, which is a personal record! (I'm trying to build up endurance to walk a 5k, I think I'm almost there!).

Then I made another green smoothie. I put in frozen mango chunks, a banana, kale and flax seed powder with water and coconut milk.

Then I did some resistance band strength training for my arms.

After I had done that I was getting kinda hungry so I put fresh spinach on a plate and put on some cold rice, quinoa and beans onto it. I ate that and some pear compote for dinner. For my pear compote I put in 5 pears, a bag of dried berries, and about three tablespoons of sugar into a pot with water and cinnamon. I let it boil down until it's the consistency of applesauce, only made with pears and berries instead.

In addition to this I got two blankets finished for Project Linus! They are both crocheted.

The first one I inherited the granny squares in the middle from someone, I'm not even sure who, and then I did different borders, mostly puff stitch and half double crochet around it until it was large enough.

All that color changing means there will be a lot of ends to weave in though! I usually finish all the actual stitching on the blankets before the meetings, and then sit and weave in ends at the meetings, since nearly everyone else there is sewing on something, and I'm just not that much of a sewer.

The second blanket is a corner-to-corner throw that is from a pattern published by Red Heart, and it's done in very old Red Heart Super Saver. This blanket, although it's small was about four and a half skeins. There are not near as many ends to weave in on this one, and I think the pattern and the yarn made an interesting, admittedly dizzying design on this one.

Tonight I will work on my next blanket, and there will be a progress report tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment