Sunday, January 18, 2015

January Project Linus

Today my mom and I went to the Project Linus meeting at the local JoAnn craft store. There is a new website for our chapter, and there are free patterns from the lady that leads the meetings that I go to. You can find the website and patterns here. I turned in five blankets, the two that I took pictures of earlier, the Catherine Wheel


And the square in a square that was green with scrap yarn, all single crochet. 


I also turned in a tunisian crochet blanket, that was done with a size US 10 crochet hook/needle (I'm not really sure what to call the tool that one does the tunisian crochet stitch with, it's like a long knitting needle with a crochet hook on the end, they also come with a cable on the end, but I don't have any of those). I did the honeycomb stitch, and did the stripes short ways, working my way up the blanket. Each stripe is about one skein of yarn. 


The next blanket that I turned in I got half finished last month and it was a single crochet ripple stitch, and I just finished it up. I finished it with a size US I hook, with scraps and some acrylic that I got with the blanket. 


Finally I turned in the bias scrap blanket that I made, all single crochet, with a size US J hook, and with just random scraps of acrylic from yarn donations that I have received. I really like how this one turned out. 


Those are my mom's bright blue shoes underneath each of the blankets, as she was holding them up while I took pictures. She also turned in two blankets, tunisian crochet, mixed with normal crochet. She sat and sewed on the binding on a blanket while I knit on log cabin blanket that I am starting today. Tonight I will go to the young adult group at church. I made a Kentucky Butter cake, and I hope it turned out as delicious as it looks, because it looks really good. The recipe was for regular flour, but I just substituted all-purpose gluten free flour for the regular flour, and I think it will turn out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment