Friday, January 16, 2015

The Lake

Today I went for an adventure with my grandparents to the lake. We stayed for about thirty seconds and then got in the car and came back home (after stopping at a clearance store and Mexican for lunch). Now going to the lake is about a two hour drive each way and the clearance store and the Mexican restaurant were about half an hour out of the way, so I had a lot of time in the car today. I got a fair amount done on a scarf, but nothing finished yet, and I discussed some finer points of religion with my grandfather, and for the record, if you are going to have a religious debate with someone, it helps to have terms clearly defined, as this was a stumbling point in our discussion several times. It never got very deep, but I did get new insights into my grandfather, even if those insights mean that I now realize I agree with him even less than I did before. But it's all good, we're still family and I still love him very much and I know he loves me.

Now onto pictures of the lake! It was frozen over and there were about two hundred geese sitting on it, I guess the ice here is warmer than the ice in Canada? I think if I were a goose I would've kept migrating 'til I was a little further South where it would be even warmer, but alas, I am not a goose.

A close-er up shot of all the geese sitting on the lake.


A view of our dock and the frozen lake.


A broad sweeping view of the lake where the geese where sitting.


A view from the drive way down to the frozen lake, with the picnic tables and firepit.


A view of the house while being on the dock with my grandfather standing on the deck. 


A view from the corner of the dock down onto the ice where the ice split and cracked nicely.


So that was my day, not much excitement, but a lot of talking and a quite drastic change in scenery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment