Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Give Up The Funk!

Ow, we want the funk
Give up the funk
Ow, we need the funk
We gotta have that funkI made this VERY funky hat out of some hand spun that just got done drying!!
I had to frog it 2x, because I was running out to quickly, its roughly based off the Divine Hat design by Rheatheylia, but I then changed to knitting to do the body of the hat.
And it looks really funny not on my head. I think I have about 2 yds left- 3 at most.
In other news- I am almost done with the striped jacket that I have been working on making out of Lion Brand Magic Stripe sock yarn. It will probably be gifted to somebody...
And here are the reasons why my knitting did not get a whole lot of attention the yesterday and today. Yesterday I made this little fun thing. I cut up a map of Thailand, wove it back together, sewed around the sides to hold the weaving together, and then glued on little pictures from my collection of National Geographic pictures.
Then I drew all over a paper bag that I had used as a drop cloth when I painted some shoes. I used colored pencils, crayons and a Mark-A-Lot marker.
And then I decided the first one was so much fun that I should do another, and so this one was born, out of another paper bag, with crayons and the same Mark-A-Lot marker.
In other news- my roommate is staying the night with me tomorrow night, and a couple that I am friends with are moving into town next Wednesday! In a week!

That, and I have been catching up on my knitting podcasts, and these podcast lectures that I downloaded from a French University, so I won't lose my language skills over the summer.

Oh! AND- I changed around my schedule, once again, so that I now I will be in a 2-D art class, because it is a prerequisite for the fiber arts class, where they teach you how to weave, make paper, and do dying techniques, and I will be able to take that whenever I come back from studying abroad- I am really excited about this prospect- AND since I changed that aspect of my schedule, I will not have ANY classes on Friday!! Which most likely means I will have to work all day, but hey, you win some, you lose some.
And finally- my yarn moved, since the couple spent the night, and wanted to use my shower, so now I have a yarn tree! Except, that I normally used it for light, and I am afraid of catching my yarn on fire- so I will live in slight dimness.

No comments:

Post a Comment