Sunday, June 21, 2009

Still Being Productive....

Hey , so I have been working on swap boxes, and so didn't want to post pictures because that would spoil the surprise for my swap buddies. :-D
This is a side shot of my hat, I modified an old doily pattern that I have from a book/ pamphlet I got from my grandmother- or maybe they're from my great-grandmother, I don't really know.

In this shot you can see how lovely and frumpy it is.

The top of the hat, you can really see the spiral, that came from the doily pattern.

Here you can see the mesh that I improvised on the sides of the hat. It turned out quite well, I think. I still need to weave in the end... oops.

This is a cardigan that I am making from my handspun, I've dyed it with kool-aid. Its way old, I have sadly run out of this yarn, so I am trying to figure out what yarn I will need to spin in order to complete it.

Close up, you can see the irregularities of the yarn, because its handspun, about a year old, maybe a little older.

The jacket on me. As you can see, a little short, huh? I definitely need to make more yarn... I just don't know what yet.

Umm... in other news, there isn't really any other news. I've been hanging out, not doing a whole lot of anything. I missed WWKIP Day, because I was working, and I went home to see my family for two days. That's about it. Oh, there is another sweater that I am working on that I am not quite done yet, I'll put up pictures tomorrow, probably.

EDIT- The shawl was given to my friend- I owed her a gift since she got married, and I hadn't gotten her anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment