Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'm Alive Again

I decided to start up the old blog again, am getting back to being online.... Its been such a trip to be away for so long, and now it feels right to get back. I am almost done with school, am married, don't know how much longer i will stay that way though, and am contemplating moving to Seattle once I get my Medical Interpreter Certification.

I love Seattle, it is so chill and awesome, all I can think of is how I didn't want to go home when I went there for a band trip sophomore year. I was going to go to college there, but got scared and ended up staying closer to home. I think I am ready for the big plunge now, having traveled out of the country, and lived by myself, and had a go at things in general.

I recently went through the library's CD collection, and checked out like 30 CDs to upload to my computer, so now I have lots of lovely new music, like Mates of State, Lily Allen, Crystal Castles, and Michael Buble, just to name a few.

Oh yeah, and I've been knitting, and spinning. I think that fiber and yarn are magnetically attracted to me somehow. I went to a craft show and was showing some beddy buddies that I have made (stuffed animals made from upcycled sweaters) with my mom, and there was an alpaca farmer there that just wanted to get rid of the end of a fleece, so i got three pounds of alpaca for $30! Awesome! Then I went to a knitting group in Wichita when I was visiting DH, and when I was walking out a lady said "you mentioned you spin, I don't have time for this" and went to her trunk and pulled out around another 3lbs of icelandic, sweet! And then I went to a knitting group in Blue Springs, and there was a lady that had found gobs of acrylic at an estate type sale, and was dispersing it- so my stash has been well replenished.

The alpaca has all been spun, I haven't started in on the icelandic, and the acrylic is being turned into blankets for Project Linus- its been forever since I did anything for them either. I am making a shawl out of Lion Brand Homespun, and another out of my own handspun silk. I am also working on a sock that has been taking me ffooooorrrrreeeevvveerrr..... my sock mojo has been hindered somewhere along the way, although I did finally finish off a pair of socks for my cousin #3 recently, she had been waiting for quite sometime. I recently finished a blanket/ afghan for Project Linus, the ends are woven in and everything! And I am working on a hat from the same thick sock yarn that I made my cousin's socks. Oh, and I am knitting a sweater, for me, a top down raglan from yarn salvaged from sweaters at a thrift store. I think that is it... although there may be something more, I always seem to have a ton of projects on the needles and hooks, I can't help it.

I am thinking about making some bowls out of T-yarn to post on etsy. I already have beddy buddies, and the handspun alpaca up there, as well as two baby playmats that are handmade chenille... Cutting chenille takes a looooooooooooonnnnnng time, and it makes your hands hurt, just FYI.

Well, I think that is all from me, I will be trying to post more regularly and be back online again! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment