Saturday, May 14, 2011

What's On and Off My Needles

OK, so in addition to the Project Yarnway cape, that is becoming all consuming, I also have several (too many) projects on the needles, and I thought I would share them with you.



First off, a Hat that I am making with some awesome handpainted yarn I got from a swap around two years ago, I am designing the pattern, which is cables up a reverse stockinette body. This was my go-to in class project for a good portion of the end of this past semester, so it is my "on the go" project so to speak.
This sock is being made from Patons Sock FX, and I love, love, love this yarn, there are four plies that change color on their own schedule, so you get very soft blended striping, which I think is really cool looking. I started this sock because I needed something to knit in the dark of the film class I am taking right now. So this is my "on the go" project number 2.
This will eventually be a sweater, hopefully for me, although I fear it will turn out too massive (I am making up the pattern as I go, and wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to the increases). It is a top down raglan, and the lace pattern, that you can't see because it is so bunched up is from Cadence which was in Knitty, although I don't remember which month. The yarn is upcycled yarn from two sweaters that I unraveled and am now knitting back together.
This is a sock that went into hibernation when I lost my sock knitting mojo there for a while, it is almost to the toe, and thus almost done, it has been languishing here and there, and waiting for me to just hurry up and finish it. Because it is worked on four needles, instead of five, it doesn't fold up to travel as well, so it is just a mindless knitting project that wishes it could be "on the go".
This is a shawl that I found hibernating when I went stash diving. I have no idea what I was thinking, but since it is just simple garter stitch it is mindless knitting at its worst. I may add a border to it, to spice things up a bit, this comes from when I discovered shawls around two years ago, and I honestly don't know what I was thinking.
This is a sweater for my yet-to-be-born first cousin once removed. Baby M will be born in August, and all the is missing is the button band, I already have the buttons, so just need to get around to finishing this one up, since it is almost there.
This is another shawl that I have started, although this one is made from handspun silk, and is going to get some sort of mesh stitch very shortly, so although it is mindless knitting at the moment, it is about to get much more interesting.
That's all that's on the needles right now, I have a million more ideas bouncing around in my head, and last night I finished up two washcloths or dishcloths for a swap. The problem is these projects aren't finished because I lose the inspiration on them (especially the two that have been in and out of hibernation). Its hard for me to knit just to knit, I have to have something that I want to watch grow on my needles, and see where it takes me. So I'll keep you updated on how these projects grow, and whether any of them end up in the frog pond (I'm looking at you big blue fluffy shawl).

No comments:

Post a Comment